Prototype: GemRB.PlaySound (SoundResource[, channel, xpos, ypos, type]) Prototype: GemRB.PlaySound (DefSoundIndex[, channel]) Prototype: GemRB.PlaySound (None)
Description: Plays a sound identified by resource reference or defsound.2da index. If there is a single PC selected, then it will play the sound as if it was said by that PC (EAX).
- SoundResource - a sound resref (the format could be raw pcm, wavc or ogg; 8/16 bit; mono/stereo). Use the None python object to simply stop the previous sound.
- channel - the name of the channel the sound should be played on (optional, defaults to ‘GUI’
- xpos - x coordinate of the position where the sound should be played (optional)
- ypos - y coordinate of the position where the sound should be played (optional)
- type - defaults to 1, use 4 for speeches or other sounds that should stop the previous sounds (optional)
Return value: N/A
See also: LoadMusicPL
Back to function index, GUIScript introduction.